The University of Michigan is on a mission: create a workplace culture that supports its faculty and staff in leading healthy and fulfilling lives. By doing so, we support our colleagues, both professionally and personally and contribute to community well-being.
Achieving this goal takes small changes that happen one unit, department and area at a time. The university has nearly 600 MHealthy Champion volunteers who are already making a difference in their units and departments. If your area does not have a champion, please select someone to serve in this role by August 31 (email email@example.com if you are not sure if your unit has a Champion).
CHAMPION ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES – MHealthy Champions are staff and faculty volunteers who help create a culture of health within their work areas. Champions:
• Work with an MHealthy Wellness Coordinator to tailor health and wellness activities that best fit your area's needs
• Support you in achieving your area's health and well-being goal
• Contribute to developing a positive, energizing workplace culture in your area
• Communicate opportunities and encourage participation
WHO SHOULD BE A CHAMPION? Someone who:
• Is enthusiastic about health and well-being (this is not necessarily someone who is already at the peak of health)
• Has good interpersonal skills and likes to positively motivate others
• Is willing to commit the time to the role (Champions serve a two-year term and spend approximately two hours per month on their duties)
BENEFITS – Champions receive personal recognition for their contributions and gain university-wide recognition for your area. They can also apply for wellness grants to support your area’s interests and needs.
HOW TO APPLY – Applicants can go to champs.mhealthy.org to complete the MHealthy Champion membership application.
If you have questions, please call Leola Hearing at 734-764-0343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership for creating a community of health,
Senior Director, Health & Well-Being Services