A wide variety of Professional Development offerings, events, programs, and groups within Student Life.
Navigating this site:
For upcoming professional development offerings, please see our "Events & Programs" tab or our calendar.
To learn more about the foundations for our professional development offerings, see our "About" tab.
To contact a specific committee chair, see our "Contact" tab.
The graphic shown (click to enlarge, or download using the link below) illustrates the various professional development offerings within Student Life, as well as the competencies and foundations that support our professional development work.
- PD Committee Shared Projects shows what is on the collective "plate" for the PD committee, PDFG (Professional Development Functional Group) for this year.
- Events are either annual events or ongoing series.
- Affinity Groups are groups of staff that come together for collegial conversations and gatherings based on a shared identity or role.
- Tracks are groupings of offerings and cohorts based on staff role or level of experience.
- Institutes are multiple session, sequential offerings.
- Student Affairs Competencies are professional competencies provided by ACPA and NASPA.
- Foundations are various philosophies and frameworks that inform our professional development offerings.
Link to offerings overview